The Gene Vintage Cord Jacket
Devium’s limited-edition Gene Vintage Cord Jacket is our unique take on the classic cord trucker, and features deadstock corduroy fabric made 50 years ago on the Shenandoah River in Waynesboro, Virginia. With unique detailing, understated trims, and a surprise or two, this jacket is destined to be worn most days in most seasons. In two colors so perfect, you’ll want them both.
Why the “Gene” jacket? The name pays homage to Gene Clark, the prolific singer/songwriter who took The Byrds to success. He famously quit the band when he developed a fear of flying and other assorted neuroses. His first solo album, No Other, was released in 1974 with Clark wholly unconcerned about radio airplay, stadium sing-alongs, or anything else that could please a record label. Rolling Stone magazine covered the album’s Deluxe Reissue in late 2019, positing that Clark’s songs “aren’t played, as much as unfurled.” Clark was buried in Tipton, Missouri at 46 beneath an epitaph that simply reads No Other.
- 100% cotton, six-wale corduroy, from the now defunct Compton-Richmond Company, manufactured in Nov. 1971 at The Mill at South River, the company’s Shenandoah Plant in Waynesboro, Virginia
- Double welt waist pockets, perfectly sized to keep your hands occupied or warm
- Double flapped and buttoned patch pockets at the chest
- An inside welt pocket, right-sized for your iPhone Plus
- Custom Devium pocket lining and metal shank buttons
- Each Limited Edition jacket is individually numbered
- Fits true to size. If you normally wear large, go with it!
- 100% USA Made 6 wale corduroy
- Plush quilted nylon interior